Fellow of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (FSVIN)
The Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) offers an elevated member status of Fellow of Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (FSVIN), the SVIN’s esteemed category of membership. Fellow status recognizes exceptional service and contribution to the Society, academic excellence, and leadership in the field of Vascular and Interventional Neurology. Individuals who meet the requirements of this elevated membership status will add the letters, FSVIN, to their respective titles.
You may become a Fellow of Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (FSVIN) using one of the following routes:
1) Active SVIN members may apply for the FSVIN membership if they meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an Active member of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology for a minimum of 5 years and must have attended at least 3 SVIN Annual Meetings.
- Applicant must be actively involved in the Society’s business and contribute to its well-being (e.g. through service on SVIN Committees and Taskforces; submissions to the SVIN Journal, etc.)
- Applicant must show their chief interest is directed toward practice, teaching, or research in Vascular or Interventional Neurology.
- Applicant must have an overall professional reputation and standing, as determined by the SVIN Board of Directors or SVIN Executive Committee, that qualifies the candidate for this premier designation.
In order to apply, applicants must submit the following materials:
- Application. Click HERE to fill it out;
- CV (should be attached directly to your application or emailed at email@example.com);
- A cover letter outlining the applicant’s contributions to the Society and/or the field of Vascular and Interventional Neurology. It should contain information about how the applicant meets the requirements mentioned above (is required while filling out the electronic application form).
2) Current FSVIN members may nominate Active members of SVIN HERE who meet the criteria above. In this case, the applicant doesn’t need to submit application materials, however, the Board of Directors may request additional information from the nominee upon review.
3) SVIN Board of Directors members are granted FSVIN membership due to their contributions of time, effort, and thoughtful leadership to the Society during their term(s) of service.
Should you have additional questions about the FSVIN application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist you.