Fellow of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (FSVIN)
The Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) offers an elevated member status of Fellow of Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (FSVIN), the SVIN’s esteemed category of membership. Fellow status recognizes exceptional service and contribution to the Society, academic excellence, and leadership in the field of Vascular and Interventional Neurology. Individuals who meet the requirements of this elevated membership status will add the letters, FSVIN, to their respective titles.
You may become a Fellow of Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (FSVIN) using one of the following routes:
1) Active SVIN members may apply for the FSVIN membership if they meet the following criteria:
- Applicant/Nominee must have been an active SVIN Member for at least 7 consecutive years and must have attended at least 5 SVIN annual meetings
- Applicant/nominee must have demonstrated special achievement in the neurosciences or the clinical practice of vascular and/or interventional neurology, with significant and continuing service as an educator, significant scientific or clinical research, or significant contribution to the medical literature pertaining to these fields including (but not limited to) manuscripts published in peer-reviewed specialty journals (first and last authorship are strongly favored), established leadership track in the vascular/interventional neurology community, and strong letters of support from the community leaders.
- Applicant/Nominee must be actively involved in the Society’s business and contribute to its well-being and development (e.g. through service on SVIN Committees and Taskforces; active reviewer for the SVIN journal, etc.). A minimum of 50% attendance on Committees or Taskforces is required. If necessary, an inquiry for confirmation of such participation level could be sought from the committee/task force chair.
- Applicant/Nominee must have an overall professional reputation and standing, as determined by the SVIN Board of Directors or SVIN Executive Committee, which qualifies the candidate for this premier designation.
- Applicants/Nominees will be subject to a review of their FSVIN status every ten years. This review may include criteria such as retention of active SVIN membership status and a brief questionnaire that quantifies continued participation and commitment to the Fellowship and the Society
In order to apply, applicants must submit the following materials:
- Application. Click HERE to fill it out;
- CV (should be attached directly to your application or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- A cover letter outlining the applicant’s contributions to the Society and/ the field of vascular and interventional neurology. The letter should contain details regarding how the applicant meets the requirements mentioned above.
- One recommendation letter from a fellow FSVIN member.
2) Current FSVIN members may nominate Active members of SVIN HERE who meet the criteria above. In this case, the applicant doesn’t need to submit application materials, however, the Board of Directors may request additional information from the nominee upon review.
3) International candidates are encouraged to apply and must show their chief interest is directed toward practice, teaching, and research in vascular and/or interventional neurology service to their respective interventional/vascular neurology organizations/community. These activities must be well documented and perceived, at the discretion of the SVIN Board of Directors, as equivalent to those in the United States.
4) SVIN Board of Directors members are granted FSVIN membership due to their contributions of time, effort, and thoughtful leadership to the Society during their term(s) of service.
View the Application Details and Requirements
View Current FSVIN Members
Should you have additional questions about the FSVIN application process, please email email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.
Click here to apply!