SVIN will, from time to time, announce clinical surveys and investigations to the membership in order to allow a broad participation by interested investigators or referral of appropriate subjects. In order for an investigation to be announced, the requestor must comply with the following:
1) Draft an announcement letter that includes the rationale of the study and the specific question that will be addressed by your investigation.
2) The study must be IRB approved unless it meets criteria for IRB exempt status.
3) Submit an electronic copy of the IRB approval for filing with the SVIN Executive Office.
4) If the study involves a questionnaire, this must be reviewed and approved by the SVIN Research Committee prior to approval of the survey announcement.
5) If the study involves subject participation, the announcement must include a description of the subject’s involvement or provide a web link to a site which describes the following:
a. Objectives of the study
b. Details of subject participation
c. Inclusion and exclusion criteria
d. Potential risks or benefits
All details must be provided to the SVIN Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Research Committee will review submissions.
SVIN will limit survey announcements to no more than one (1) per month on a first come first served basis (conditional to approval) with a limit of one (1) reminder to be sent within 30 days of the original announcement.